Get the recorded archive and ongoing chats plus chat and office hours archive for the entire trimester of spinning courses at Franquemont University’s mid-year 2021 trimester!
PLYING STRUCTURES This course goes in depth with 2-ply and 3-ply yarn, chain plying, crepe yarn, and cabled yarn structures. Learn how to make them all, and how to fine-tune them for specific projects, fiber types, and more!
DRAFTING METHODS We’ll cover short draw methods like short forward draw and short backwards draw; long draw methods like long backwards draw and point of twist; and hybrid drafting methods like double drafting and spinning from the fold (and you’ll use what you learned about plying structures to make a wide range of yarns this way)
BLENDED FIBERS We’ll cover spinning fiber blends from the drum carder and from commercial big mill preparations, as well as the basics of drum carding for combining fibers, handling color, and working with texture
In addition, registration for this class comes with access to the 24/7 class chat on Discord, plus up to 3 live Office Hours sessions per week (also available recorded), and DISCOUNT CODES for fibers and other class supplies.
To get the most out of classes for this session, you will need to have worked through or be working through Spinning I, Spinning II, and Spinning III from the Franquemont Method Spinning I-IV Bundle, which you can work through at your own pace and which also come with 24/7 community chat and access to 3 Office Hours sessions per week. If you’re just joining us now, don’t worry! Your confirmation email will include a deep discount code for the Spinning I-IV Bundle, and you can sign up and get started working through it at your own pace right away!
YOU WILL NEED
– Computer, Phone, or Tablet that can run Zoom
– Computer, Phone, or Tablet that can run the Discord app, or a web browser that can access it
– YouTube access for recorded videos
– Preferred: Computer, Phone, or Tablet with a camera and microphone so you can share photos and videos
– Something to Spin, and Something to Spin With — your choice of fibers (you will also receive a discount code for recommended fibers from our supplying partners) and your choice of spindle or flyer (wheel or e-spinner).
You may also like: