As long as your membership is current, you will have access to everything we’re doing and we’ll ask for your input as we keep growing and doing more. You’ll also be offered opportunities to beta test new programs and offerings and receive regular discounts on products we bring to market.
You will also receive discount codes from our supply partners for fibers and other related materials.
- New-Year Trimester = January, February, March, April
- Mid-Year Trimester = May, June, July, August
- Year-End Trimester = September, October, November, December
Each trimester, we post the monthly topics and class information on our Discord server for currently enrolled students.
Also: FIGS or Focused Interest Groups are ongoing guided study sessions where you can delve deep into our growing list of topics of interest to our members. Specific topics are chosen and dynamically scheduled throughout the trimester based on student participation and interest, and are always recorded. FIGs are intended to provide responsive deeper-dive sessions involving what our active members want to know. Our current list of topics include these amazing topics.
- Andean Backstrap Weaving
- Bast Fibers
- Blending Fibers
- Breed Studies
- Drafting Methods
- Fiber Preparation
- Luxury Fibers
- Plying Structures
- Sock Yarn
- Spindle Productivity
- Spindle Focus
- Spinning For Weaving
- Spinning Fine
- Spinning Thick
- Synthetic Fibers
- Teaching Spinning
- Yarn Design
Want to know more about FIGs? Here you go!
In addition, registration for this level of membership comes with access to all prior FIGs on Discord, including those recorded courses, plus at live Office Hours sessions (also available recorded). Enjoy deeper dive sessions 60-90 minutes long on a variety of spindle topics, hand carding, and so much more!
YOU WILL NEED
– Computer, Phone, or Tablet that can run Zoom
– Computer, Phone, or Tablet that can run the Discord app, or a web browser that can access it
– YouTube access for recorded videos
– Preferred: Computer, Phone, or Tablet with a camera and microphone so you can share photos and videos
– Something to Spin, and Something to Spin With — your choice of fibers (you will also receive a discount code for recommended fibers from our supplying partners) and your choice of spindle or flyer (wheel or e-spinner).
This is a recurring membership. You can cancel at any time before the renewal date.